English language training forum

Go Back   English language training forum > Оther > Free theme

Old 08-15-2016, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщениях

From the testimony of Isaeva Ludmila Nikolaevna, the resident of Bendery:

"...We had already known that volunteers of Moldova changed every two days. The volunteers from the nearest villages were the cruellest.

...On July 2, 1992 I saw volunteers and policemen were approaching our houses on the side of Kaushany road.

One of them noticed me and started shouting why I hadn't left the village. He was drunk. Then their commander entered the house. He was tall, stout, dressed in other kind of uniform. He began checking the documents. He asked us why we lived there, why we didn't know the Moldavian language. He told us that we disturbed them, that we didn't give them bread, that they had great problems because of us, etc.

Then he started to force my husband out with the gun; he threatened me not to go out. He left the man who came first to watch me.

I saw my husband being beaten with legs, guns in the yard... That volunteer who was inside the house tried to make me undress...

...Seeing my husband being beaten, I got away from the house and started asking them to stop the slaughter. They told me that they would burn the house. Then I offered them to take all they wanted, but to stop the slaughter. Their commander told that they weren't robbers, but free Dakes". (v.2, p.c.139-140)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:57 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Gordelyan Anatoly Iosifovich, the resident of Bendery:

"...On June 20, 1992 our district had been under fire since the morning.

As a result, two little children were killed near the house ^3, Lermontov Street. The girl's head was torn off with the explosion, the boy's head was injured and he died. Their parents were seriously wounded.

That family came here from the Far East for a holiday..." (v.2, p.c.142)
Administrator

From the testimony of Zaim Margaret Alekseevna, the resident of Bendery:

"...Our younger son, Zaim Vladimir Kondratievich, his wife and children lived not far from us... worked at the factory "Moldavcable"... In the middle of June he sprained his ankle and stayed home.

On June 25 my son came to me in the morning, and then he went home. I was waiting for him in the afternoon, but he didn't come.

Soon my acquaintance, who lived next to my son, came and told me that my son had been taken away by volunteers, he had been driven to the village Hadgimus.

... There was no news of my son since then. When peace-mak-ers were brought in, I started looking for my son. I supposed that he could have been taken away to Kaushany; so I went there.

At first I applied to the local police department, but I was directed to the prosecutor's office. I was shown some photos there. There was a photo of my son among them. He was beaten; I could see bruises, injured fingers. I don't know exactly what happened, but I am sure he was brutally tortured.

I was given a certificate in the morgue. It was written there that he was shot on June 21, 1992, but he was taken away on June 25.

When I tried to find out the truth, they told me that they knew nothing...

We re-buried our son in Bendery.

I still don't know why he was killed. He didn't take part in the war, but volunteers and policemen took him away; I found my son killed..." (v.2, p.c.146-147)
Administrator

From the testimony of Tatarinova Lyudmila Genadievna, the resident of Bendery:

"...In 1992 I worked as a steward in school N26 at Nekrasova Street, 22 in Bendery. I was liable for breakage.

On June 22 I left the town together with children.

... In August I came back and immediately went to school on August 3, 1992.1 saw a terrible scene. During the war our school was occupied by volunteers and special police forces of Moldova. The school was plundered; there were abusive inscriptions on the walls. All chandeliers, TV sets and refrigerators were taken away. Those things that they couldn't take away were broken (two pianos). The stove was shot, storehouses were broken open.

The damage was huge...

There were slippers produced by the factory "Floare" over the classrooms. They were for the same leg. Volunteers robbed the factory, a part of the booty they brought to the school. When they saw that slippers didn't have pairs, they left them."

(v.2, p.c. 149-150)
Old 08-15-2016, 03:00 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Mahankov Ivan Semenovich, the resident of Bendery, born in 1913, a disabled serviceman:

"... In 1990 I was given a car as a disabled serviceman. When Moldova started a war, I couldn't go out.

On July 14, 1992 I could reach my garage at last, but I saw it broken open, my car wasn't there, it was empty.

My tools, rods and things were stolen..." (v.3, p.c. 13)
Old 08-15-2016, 03:00 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Podoprigora Galina Georgievna, the resident of Bendery:

"...On June 19, 1992 I was at my daughter's place, at Komsomolskaya Street, 1. The building was situated next to the police station. A kindergarten N°22 was between the house and the police station. There was a kindergarten Nq92 next to them.

At about 17.30 p.m. policemen started shooting. They were shooting on the roof of the kindergarten aiming at the yard. Hohlova Svetlana, 37 years old, was killed near the house...

All house-dwellers had been hiding in the basement for two days. There was nothing to eat. We went to the bakery to get some bread, but we came under fire of snipers. Parents didn't manage to take the children out of the kindergarten N°22. On June 201 saw the governess leading the children out under fire to the refuge in the house N°3, but shooters went on firing.

Later special police forces organised a staff in the house, they banished all dwellers, hit them with butts, my daughter suffered too.

Having plundered the house and taken all valuable things away, they burnt many apartments. My daughter's apartment was plundered too; it was dirtied with faeces.

They are inhuman...

As for the government of Moldova, it's rather strange that nobody accuses them of killing innocent women, children and old men. Our children and grandchildren went through the tragedy, which they'll never forget. They are listening for sounds guardedly. We also felt uncertainty. If we've been deceived, then who can guarantee that it won't recur?" (v.3, p.c.24-25)
Old 08-15-2016, 03:01 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Gorbacheva Elena Vasilievna, the resident of Bendery, Moldavian:

"...My husband, Gorbachev Nikolay Anatolievich, worked as a welder at the gas department...

In the first decade of July my husband and his colleagues detained the resident of Bendery, Myrka K., who was a forester in Garbovetsky forest and brought food to the forest during the war. In connection with this he was detained and taken to the commandant's office. When he was let out, he took revenge on my husband...

On July 6, 1992 my husband was walking along Pervomaiskaya Street. While he was passing Myrka's house, several men including Myrka came out and started shooting. They hit my husband's legs. Neighbours were indignant at their behaviour, but he began firing at the air and then he killed my husband, got on the motor-cycle and went away.

It was very hard to organize funeral. When we tried to carry out the body, the sniper started firing at the funeral.

...At a crossing we had to wait for about half an hour because of firing. They hit the car, knocked out windows, fortunately, nobody was injured. I have some photos where it is imprinted..." (v.3, p.c. 1-2)
Administrator

From the testimony of Murahovsky Vera Vasilievna, the resident of the village Giska:

".. .During the whole night of June 21-22, 1992 we could hear a bombardment of the village Giska with large-calibre machine-guns "Alazan". They were firing from the top of Suvorov Mountain; a lot of houses were destroyed. Guardsmen, irregulars held a defence...

I didn't know where my son (Murahovsky Vitaly Vladimirovich) was. On July 22, 1992 I was informed that my son had perished near the cafe. When we came to the cafe, we found him. He was brutally killed; he had a lot of wounds; an armoured car ran over him and he was still lying on the ground.

Later women told me what had happened. Volunteers and special police forces from the village Farladany surrounded them and started firing at them. My son was wounded; he came outside together with Kudiyarov Vladimir. There was a body of Alekseenko Vasily there. All of them were riddled with bullets, their legs and arms were broken.

People told that they were crying much, because they were tortured worse than fascists did it. When we found our son, his face was black... He was all battered and bruised.

My son perished on July 22, 1992 when negotiations concerning the war were over.

I just want to add that a face of Alekseenko V. was black and wounded; some metal rods were hammered in his heels.

Another irregular, Valery, was shot in the mouth when he asked for help. All wounded were bleeding; they were tortured and then shot." (v.3, p.c.102)
Administrator

From the testimony of Logovskaya Elena Frantsevna, the resident of the village Protyagailovka:

"...On June 301 was at the farm and saw that some missiles exploded near our house. I ran home immediately and found my daughter, Bobrova Lidia Ivanovna, lying in the yard near the cellar. Her back and hips were wounded; her children (a year and two months old and six years old) were in the cellar. Seeing my dying daughter, I lost my consciousness. She died on the way to the hospital. Police forces of Moldova fired at the town and our village every night, though there were neither guardsmen nor Cossacks there..." (v.3, p.c. 102)
Old 08-15-2016, 03:03 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Kolisnichenko Raisa Christoforovna, the resident of Bendery:

"... We had been looking for our son, Palady Alexander Michailovich, for a long time. Only 8 months later we identified him on the photo taken in the morgue of Kaushany.

.. .At last we were allowed to re-bury my son. When we opened his coffin, it was full of chlorine and lime. I don't know what their purpose was.

There were two wounds in the head of my son. His neck was also wounded. There was no right arm. It was obvious that he had been tortured before his death.

The cemetery watchman told that volunteers had tortured those who were still alive in the cemetery, hung and then shot them. He buried my son..." (v.3, p.c.112)