English language training forum

Go Back   English language training forum > English Teaching Forum > Teach English

Old 02-17-2012, 03:18 AM

Поблагодарили 1 раз в 1 сообщении

Everything is correct, dear Raisa!(Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM

1.The man feels that he is (doing the same thing every day) so he is frustrated with his job.
(a) in the dark (B) in seventh heaven (c) in a rut (D) in hot water
2.After the class I was (in a hurry) to go home. (a) in the swim (B) in the doghouse (c) in a rush (D) in stitches
3.We put the numbers down (in writing) so there is no possibility of making a mistake. (a) in a bind (B) in a nutshell (c) in nothing flat (D) in black and white
4The boy seemed to be (nervous) at the graduation ceremony. (a) in a nutshell (B) ill at ease (c) in the dark (D) in a rut
5The woman was (laughing very hard) after I told her about the incident with the small dog. (a) in a bind (B) in stitches (c) in a pinch (D) in a rut
6The salesman is (in trouble) with his boss after his poor sales performance last month. (a) in a word (B) in hot water (c) in his element (D) in seventh heaven
7The building manager knows all the (details) of renting and selling apartments. (a) irons in the fire (B) inside outs (c) ins and outs (D) inch by inch
8.I bought the tickets (before the game) so they would not be sold out. (a) in a hurry (B) in a nutshell (c) in his element (D) in advance
9.The company has been (losing money) for about three years. (a) in the black (B) in the red (c) in the long run (D) in the air
10.I told my cousin that (over many years) she will be happy that she went to university. (a) in the long run (B) in the bag (c) in advance (D) in the same boat
11.The professor is (in trouble) because of his missing lecture notes. (a) in a nutshell (B) in a rut (c) in a bind (D) in the dark
12."Don`t worry. We have the new contract (for sure)." (a) in the long run (B) in the first place (c) in advance (D) in the bag
13.I will explain to you (briefly) how the new company operates. (a) in advance (B) in a hurry (c) in a nutshell (D) in black and white
14.The woman has been (extremely happy) since she moved to the new department. (a) in the doghouse (B) in someone`s shoes (c) in nothing flat (D) in seventh heaven
15.We will be (in trouble) if we cannot find someone to help us this weekend. (a) in the same boat (B) in the red (c) in our element (D) in a pinch
16.I will finish this report and give it to you (quickly). (a) in nothing flat (B) in the same boat (c) in the first place (D) in the dark
17.I am (in a similar situation as you) since I lost my job. (a) in the swim with you (B) in the doghouse with you (c) in my element with you (D) in the same boat as you
18.I would hate to be (in the same situation as him). (a) in his shoes (B) in a nutshell (c) in hot water (D) in the swim
19.The man is (in trouble) with his wife because he stayed out late last night. (a) in a bind (B) in the doghouse (c) in a jam (D) in his element
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 PM

Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщениях

1-c,2-c,3-d,4-b, 5-b, 6-b, 7-c, 8-d, 9-b, 10-a, * 11-c, 12-d, 13-c, 14-d, 15-b, 16-c, 17-d, 18- a, 19-a
Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 AM

SPLENDID, DEAR RAISA!
WELL DONE!(G) (Y)
Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM

1.I put my (signature) down on the piece of paper.
(a) jack-of-all-trades (B) Johnny-come-lately (c) John Doe (D) John Henry
2All of the airlines (joined the campaign) to eliminate smoking on their flights. (a) jumped on the bandwagon (B) jumped the gun (c) jammed on the brakes (D) jumped out of their skin
3.The chef cooked the salmon steak (perfectly) before serving it to the guests. (a) just the same (B) just so (c) just about (D) just now
4.The train was (very crowded) when I got on this morning. (a) jam-packed (B) jacked up (c) jumping the gun (D) just about
5.The company (raised) the prices on their new computers. (a) jam-packed (B) jumped on the bandwagon of (c) jacked up (D) jumped down the throat of
6.I think that the company has (begun a little too early) with the campaign. (a) jumped out of their skin (B) jumped to conclusions (c) jumped down the throat (D) jumped the gun
7.There were (almost) three hundred people at the wedding. (a) just about (B) just so (c) jam-packed (D) just now
8.A one-week vacation in a nice quiet place is (just what I need). (a) just so (B) just what the doctor ordered (c) just now (D) just the same
9.I do not know what the problem is but when I got to work my boss (began to yell at me). (a) jumped down my throat (B) jammed on the brakes (c) jumped out of her skin (D) jumped on the bandwagon
10.I nearly (fainted from fear) when I saw the large dog. (a) jumped the gun (B) jumped out of my skin (c) jumped down my throat (D) jammed on the brakes
11.My father is (able to do many things) and is a good person to ask for advice. (a) a John Doe (B) a jack-of-all-trades (c) a Johnny-come-lately (D) a John Henry
12.You should not (decide too quickly) and blame him for the computer problem. (a) jump to conclusions (B) jump down his throat (c) jump out of his skin (D) jump on the bandwagon
13.The man is a (new member) but he still thinks that he knows everything about the job. (a) John Henry (B) Johnny-come-lately (c) John Doe (D) jack-of-all-trades
14.The government surveyed many people to try and get the opinion of (the average person). (a) John Doe (B) Johnny-come-lately (c) John Henry (D) a jack-of-all-trades
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM

Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщениях

1- c,2 -a, 3- b, 4-a, 5-c, 6-d, 7-a, 8-a, 9-a, 10- b, 11- b, 12- a, 13-b, 14-a
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 AM

1=D
8=B
IT'S A VERY GOOD RESULT,DEAR RAISA!(L) (F) (G)
Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 AM

THE LETTER"D" IS UNDER THE FACE.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:28 AM

1.The man has been (working very hard) so that he can go on a nice holiday. (a) keeping his fingers crossed (b) keeping his nose to the grindstone (c) keeping his nose clean (d) kicking the habit
2.The boy (memorized all) of the players on the football team. (a) kept a secret (b) kept his word with all (c) knows by heart all (d) knuckled under all
3.The mother has to (ask the girl constantly) to get ready to go to school. (a) keep the girl under wraps (b) keep after the girl (c) kick around the girl (d) keep track of the girl
4.The man is very reliable and will always (do as he promises). (a) keep his word (b) keep his fingers crossed (c) keep something under his hat (d) knock his head against a wall
5.It is hard for the man's boss to (follow) all of his entertainment expenses. (a) keep after (b) keep quiet with (c) knuckle under (d) keep track of
6.Since leaving university the young man has made a big effort to (phone and write) his friends. (a) keep after (b) keep up with (c) keep in touch with (d) know by heart
7.If you go to the business dinner you will be able to (do two things). You can enjoy the meal and you can discuss business. (a) keep an eye on him (b) kill two birds with one stone (c) keep good time (d) knock your head against a wall
8.Could you please (look after) my suitcase while I go to the washroom. (a) keep after (b) keep an eye on (c) knuckle under (d) not know if you are coming or going with
9.I (am hoping) that my sister will be able to sell her house. (a) know by heart (b) am killing two birds with one stone (c) am keeping my finger's crossed (d) am keeping up appearances
10.Our boss does not (know anything) about how to use a computer. (a) kick the bucket (b) know if he is coming or going (c) keep quiet (d) know the first thing
11.The woman must (stay out of trouble) since her argument with her boss. (a) keep her nose clean (b) keep a secret (c) keep her head above water (d) keep up appearances
12.The woman is a heavy smoker but she has been trying to (give up smoking) for many years. (a) kick the bucket (b) kick the habit (c) keep a secret (d) keep up with the Joneses
13.We must carefully (watch) our expenses this month. (a) keep up (b) keep tabs on (c) know by heart (d) knuckle down to
14."Please don`t (go to a lot of trouble) when you prepare for the party." (a) keep your eye on something (b) keep your fingers crossed (c) knock yourself out (d) keep up appearances
15.I (regret) not buying the ticket when it was available. (a) knuckled down for (b) knocked myself out for (c) kicked myself for (d) kicked the habit for
Old 02-22-2012, 03:30 AM

16.The woman is always trying to (compete with her neighbors).
(a) keep someone company (b) keep house (c) keep her nose clean (d) keep up with the Joneses
17.The man wanted to (continue) with the new project. (a) keep the wolf from the door (b) keep up with the times (c) kick back (d) keep the ball rolling
18.The man has been (working with no success) to try to solve the problem. (a) keeping up appearances (b) keeping his head above water (c) knocking his head against the wall (d) keeping his fingers crossed
19.The bus driver (died) suddenly last month. (a) kicked the habit (b) kicked the bucket (c) kept house (d) kicked himself
20.We (are in a lot of confusion) because of the new policy. (a) do not know the first thing about anything (b) are keeping our fingers crossed (c) do not know if we are coming or going (d) are knocking our heads against the wall