English language training forum

Go Back   English language training forum > English Teaching Forum > Teach English

Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
aos

ok.lyudmila. :-(
Old 02-11-2012, 06:20 PM

1.The historical church has an ......... quality to it because of the beautiful artwork and the serenity that the stained-glass windows and natural lighting provide.
eminent
imminent
immanent
imagine
2.Before the ball, the imposter......... himself so the guests wouldn't recognize him.
disassembled
dissembled
disengaged
disliked
3.The widow spent more than two days writing a loving and appropriate ......... to put on her beloved husband's headstone.
epigram
epithet
epitaph
epic
4.The dark, eerie and......... sky seemed to speak to general McKenney about the upcoming violence they were about to face.
forbidding
foreboding
formidable
forfeit
5.Bryan's friends dared him to jump off of the cliff into the awaiting lake below. But the intuitive boy ......... the danger because the lake looked shallower than usual.
forewent
foresaw
forsake
forced
6.During the war, many families tried to ......... as much food and supplies as they could.
horde
hone
hoard
hail
7.The warm and ......... charm of the home is what attracted Carrie to it in the first place. She likes the simple pleasures in life.
discreet
discrete
disgusted
deviant
8.During the middle ages, men often fought each other in a ......... in order to settle serious disagreements.
duel
dual
dial
doll
9.After the stock market crash, the once-affluent family was forced to......... their home and lifestyle.
denigrate
degrader
downgrade
deviate
10.All animals are born with innate or ......... qualities. As they grow, they pick up new skills from their environment.
eminent
immanent
imminent
illicit
Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 AM

1.eminent 2.dissembled 3. epitaph 4. formidable 5.foresaw 6.hoard 7.discrete 8. duel 9. downgrade 10.immanent
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM

KLAROCHKA,
4=FOREBODING
THANK YOU, MY DEAR.(F) (Y)
Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 PM

Complete the dialogue. (typical dialogue with a female customer)
1.Shop assistant: Hello, can I( help like sell )you?
Customer: I( look am looking) for a pair of jeans.
2.Shop assistant: What( height size greatness )do you take?
Customer: Twenty-nine.
3.Shop assistant: We have some very nice blue jeans here. They're (in offer on offer of offer) this week.
Customer: Well, I actually( like more prefer )black jeans.
4.Shop assistant: That's okay. We( too also) have them in black. Customer: Where can I( wear try pull )them on?
5.Shop assistant: The( trying-on undress fitting )room is over there.
The customer tries the jeans on.
Customer: They're( to too two) big.
6.Shop assistant: Would you like a( littler smaller tinier )size?
Customer: Yes,( thank you please excuse me.)
Customer: These( suit fit like) rather well. But I think I look( fat thick) in them. Don't you think?
6.Shop assistant: Not at all. These jeans( suit stand stay )you very well. Customer: Well, I think I( try on will try on am trying on )a blue pair.
The shop assistant brings a pair of blue jeans and the customer tries the jeans on.
Customer: They are very( tight tide )and I don't like blue jeans, anyway. Do you mind( take taking bring bringing) me another pair in black? 7.Shop assistant: No, not at all. ...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 PM

Complete the dialogue. (typical dialogue with a female customer)

1.Shop assistant: Hello, can I( help like sell )you?
Customer: I( look am looking) for a pair of jeans.
2.Shop assistant: What( height size greatness )do you take?
Customer: Twenty-nine.
3.Shop assistant: We have some very nice blue jeans here. They're (in offer on offer of offer) this week.
Customer: Well, I actually( like more prefer )black jeans.
4.Shop assistant: That's okay. We( too also) have them in black. Customer: Where can I( wear try pull )them on?
5.Shop assistant: The( trying-on undress fitting )room is over there.
Customer: They're( to too two) big.
6.Shop assistant: Would you like a( littler smaller tinier )size?
Customer: Yes,( thank you please excuse me.)
Customer: These( suit fit like) rather well. But I think I look( fat thick) in them. Don't you think?
6.Shop assistant: Not at all. These jeans( suit stand stay )you very well. Customer: Well, I think I( try on will try on am trying on )a blue pair.
The shop assistant brings a pair of blue jeans and the customer tries the jeans on.
Customer: They are very( tight tide )and I don't like blue jeans, anyway. Do you mind( take taking bring bringing) me another pair in black? 7.Shop assistant: No, not at all. ...
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 PM

RAISA,
5=FITTING ROOM
THANKS,DEAR!(lo) (F)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM

THANK YOU DEAR LYUDMILA!(F) (F) (F) (F) (F)
Old 02-19-2012, 04:46 PM

1 - . They'll never ................ to get here by six . the roads are quite busy today.
manage arrive succeed able 2 - . The instructor warned the students ................ sailing alone on the lake.
not from about out of 3 - . The police have ............... the man who is suspected of committing the murder.
arrested captivated imprisoned punished 4 - . Only a small number of countries possess nuclear ................. thank Goodness.
ammunition equipment guns weapons 5 - . .".You look tired." .".
I ................ all night."
have worked had worked have been working had been working6.Every student tries ................... hard to pass the examination.
study to study studying studied 7 - ................ the weather is warmer. you can go out.
However Now that No matter So that 8 - We're late. I expect the film ................ by the time we get to the theatre.
have started will start will be starting will have started 9 - I'm sure he was ............... lies.
telling making doing saying 10. - He asked me what the ............ of the explosion was.
source cause reacttion reason

11 - . You must put your name and address on this side of the form. and then sign on the ________ side
back other opposite under 12 - . We will always ________ the wonderful winter holiday we had in Austria.
remind rethink remember reflect 13 - . The president ________ his intention to retire before the next election.
announced told informed promised 14 - . As he walked through the fields. he heard sheep ________.
braying shrieking crying bleating 15 - . I'm afraid I can't comment ________ your work just yet.
about at on with
Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM

1-manage, 2 about, 3- arrested, 4-weapons, 5-have been working, 6-to study, 7-now that, 8 will have started, 9- telling, 10- reason, 11-other,12- remember, 13-announced, 14-bleating, 15-on