English language training forum

Go Back   English language training forum > English Teaching Forum > Teach English

Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
aos

thanks (f) (ic)
Old 01-11-2012, 01:28 AM

Поблагодарили 1 раз в 1 сообщении

1.Together, ......... collaboration with the marketing team, we have created a completed proposal for the production and release of a revolutionary new cell phone.
in
on
out
under
2.I will not give you a press statement......... the record. However, I will give you some unofficial information for your paper if you promise to keep my name and position out of your story.
in
on
out
under
3.As his big brother, you owe it to him to keep him ......... your protection during his first year of high school.
in
on
out
under
4.My wife is feeling very ill right now so she will not be able to make it today. She is......... treatment for cancer and the radiation makes her nauseous.
in
on
out
under
5.My wife and I are going to Hawaii next week. We will be ......... the island for 10 days.
in
on
out
under
6.I am sorry I can't go to the amusement park with you this weekend. I a......... of money until next Friday. Friday is pay day.
in
on
out
under
7.We may have seen the end of the killing spree. We have a suspect ......... custody and we believe that we will have more answers for the public soon.
in
on
out
under
8.I almost caught the house ......... fire today when burning some brush in the back. The wind picked up and the fire started getting out of hand. Luckily, I was able to control it.
in
on
out
under
9.I would like to provide more information for you today but I am ......... of answers until the engineers get back to me with a reason for the failure and a possible solution.
in
on
out
under
10.You refuse to teach a workshop on growing succulent plants? I was ......... the impression that teaching a workshop on this subject was something you were really interested in doing.
in
on
out
under
Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 AM
aos

1.under.2.in.3.? 4.under.5.in.6.out.7.on.8.on.9.out.10.in
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 AM

the answers 1,2,5,7,10 are wrong! correct them please.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM
aos

1.in.2.on.5.on.7.in.10.on :-(
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM

10=UNDER
Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM

1.You have just entered .............1) a huge oak door, the room you are.............2) *is gloomy, suits........3) *armour stand..........4) , there are cruel- looking weapons hanging ..............5) the walls. To your...........6) *there is another door, but there does not seem to be any other exits. The oak door closes............7) *you, locking itself and leaving you.............8) *almost darkness, only your candle gives you light. It flickers ...................9) the dark and you feel strangely afraid. The door you came in ............10) is locked and cannot be opened. You search ........11) the room but there are no hidden trap doors or levers. You have noticed a panel ..........12) the wall but you can only gain access...........13) *it .............14) responding to one question.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:38 PM

Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщениях

1. - * * 2. in * * 3. of? * * 4.by * *5. on * * 6. right/left? * *7. behind * * 8. in * * *9. in * *10. through * * 11. - * *12. on * * *13. to * *14. by
Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 PM

4=AROUND(IT MAY BE SO)
1=THROUGH
THANKS A LOT.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:00 PM

A motorist, became enraged last Tuesday when his car got stuck1) ( for of with into on from to in out )the snow, * *smashed its windows 2) (for of with into on from to in out )a tire iron * *then pulled3) ( for of with into on from to in out) a pistol and shot out the tires, police said.' He killed it. It's a case of auto suicide,'said police Maj. Jack Kellem. * *The car got stuck in six inches *4)(for of with into on from to in out )snow. * *Police said the driver became so angry that he pulled a tire iron 5)( for of with into on from to in out )the trunk * *and smashed every window *6)(for of with into on from to in out )the car. * *Still not satisfied, he pulled 7)( for of with into on from to in out )a pistol * *and shot all four tires full 8)( for of with into on from to in out) holes, * *then reloaded and emptied half 9)( for of with into on from to in out )a second * *clip of bullets *10)(for of with into on from to in out) the car. * *When the gun jammed, he threw it *11)(for of with into on from to in out )the snow * *and returned 12)( for of with into on from to in out) the tire iron.When police arrived, * *he was beating 13)( for of with into on from to in out )the hood. Kellem said the man was sober and rational, but very perturbed. * *He was jailed 14)( for of with into on from to in out) discharging a firearm in the city.