English language training forum

Go Back   English language training forum > English Teaching Forum > Teach English

Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 AM

10. so that ?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:58 PM

CONTROLED>CONTROLLED
Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM

Are these sentences using "suggest" correct? If you think they are, choose "TRUE". If not, choose "FALSE".
Old 12-30-2010, 03:06 PM

1. What do you suggest us to say to your mother?
True
False
2. Monica suggested me to go to the doctor's.
True
False
3. Claude suggested to go to the cinema this evening.
True
False
4. I suggest that you should find out more about this problem.
True
False
5. What do you suggest we say to your mother?
True
False
6. Monica suggested that I go to the doctor's.
True
False
7. Claude suggested going to the cinema this evening.
True
False
8. I suggest to find out more about this problem.
True
False
9. What do you suggest saying to your mother?
True
False
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM

1. false
2. false
3. false
4. true
5. true
6. true
7. true
8. false
9. false
10. true
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 PM

EXCELLENT, SERGEY.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:55 AM

1. He asked where I live(d). (He asked where did I live).
2. It is not hot enough to swim yet. (It is not yet enough hot to swim).
3. During holidays they plan to do something new every day. (During the holidays, they plan every day to do new something).
4. At the age of six my father taught me how to ride a horse. When I was six years old... (At the age of six, my father taught how to ride a horse me).
5. She always tells such a humorous stories at parties. / At parties... When a party... (At parties, she tells always humorous such stories).
6. None of the sandwiches made of cheese on the dish were eaten. (None of the sandwiches on the dish made of cheese were eaten). Maybe something is missed here or wrong?
7. Questions about, how he was doing in school, have always bothered him. (Questions about how he in school was doing always has bothered him).
Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 AM

Hello Maria, I don't know why but the programm changed my answer in my first sentence. It was written LIVE ( D ). I just wanted to show that both variants are correct from grammatical point of view. As for my opinion I woud say that I can follow each of them depending on the difference in time between when I refer this information and when I answered to somebody in the past... You know if the gap is just a couple of days of weeks it is obvious that I live in the same place. But if we discuss somebody who we meat last time many years ago and now I refere this info to somebody else I can say I LIVED... It is always a question of context. Here we can just guess or predict.... Or take it easy....)))
Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Bushisms - FORMER US President Proves How Difficult English Really Is!President Bush's Problems with Grammar

Most teachers will certainly agree with me that we spend a lot of time trying to convince our students that English is really not so difficult. We use many kinds of exercises designed to help students feel comfortable learning English, exercises that help students feel confident when speaking English. Luckily, most of our students do a wonderful job of learning English and I would like to applaud their efforts.
In order to congratulate you and further encourage you in your efforts to learn English, I would like to be completely honest with you for a moment. English is difficult! English is so difficult that even the former President of The United States has some difficulty using it correctly. Here are some memorable quotes of President George W. Bush. Unfortunately, President Bush seems to have some basic English usage problems. Take a look at these quotes, have a good laugh, and see if you can spot the mistake. Click on the arrow to see if you have identified the mistake correctly.
Most importantly, congratulate yourself on having learned such a difficult language. A language that even the President of the United States, George W. Bush, finds challenging!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM

1."Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" aИ"George W. Bush
"Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis."aИ"CNBC, April 15, 2000
"She is a member of a labor union at one point."aИ"Announcing his nomination of Linda Chavez as secretary of labor. Austin, Texas, Jan. 2, 2001
"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."
5."I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together." aИ"Bartlett, Tenn., Aug. 18, 2000
"We ought to make the pie higher."aИ"South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000
"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"aИ"Concord, N.H., Jan. 29, 2000
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''aИ"Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001