English language training forum

Go Back   English language training forum > Оther > Free theme

Old 08-15-2016, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщениях

Unknown people started to phone and threaten me since then.

I didn't know the reason, because I wasn't engaged in politics, but I was just doing my job.

Once a warden of a hostel called me and told that someone had phoned her and told that I wouldn't have been living for a long time. She was very anxious and scared...

In June I received an anonymous letter with the words: "Wish you to transfer to the police as soon as possible".

On June, 15 or 16 while I was at work, one of the guards told me that someone had phoned her and warned that I would be living till Saturday or Sunday (June 19-20, 1992).

At the night of June 23-24 an intensive bombardment started. Fuel depots of the 14-th army were fired at. As they were situated near the factory, some missiles hit it.

During the fire a bomb exploded near me. I was wounded and contused.

On June 24 at about 8 p.m. I got in touch with the department, let them know about my injuries and shell-shock; informed them that I would go home to take some medicine, as my head was aching.
Administrator

... I changed my clothes and went back to the factory. I was dressed in civilian clothes. Walking along the street, I noticed a blue car, I'd seen before near the factory. There were mourning bands on the cab. The car was following me. When it came alongside, I was suddenly hit and lost my consciousness. When I regained my consciousness, I saw manacles on my hands. I was lying on the ground in the wood.

... Then two unknown men with volunteer bands came up to me, unlocked manacles. I raised my head, but was hit again with a butt. They started beating me. My back, a backbone, liver and kidneys were injured. Later when I was at the hospital, doctors found numerous bruises of my kidneys, liver, body and face.

Soon I lost my consciousness again. Later I recovered my consciousness because of bitter cold. I was undressed. Somebody was holding my head and was speaking both Moldavian and Russian. I didn't realize what they were doing, but felt some warmth on my belly... Then I was beaten again and lost my consciousness...

It was continued on June 25; I was unconscious.

On June 26 I regained my consciousness and saw a Latin letter "V" cut on my left shoulder and a star cut on my belly. A letter "V" and a star were also cut on my right shoulder. I was all in blood; it had already dried up..." (v.2, p.c. 68-67)
Administrator

From the testimony of Gorbluk Sergey Dmitrievich, the resident of Bendery:

"...My relative, Ivlev M.M., and I came under fire forty meters from home. My head was wounded, Ivlev M.M. was killed.

There were no military units in the district where I lived, there were no battles there. The artillery of Moldova bombarded peaceful residential area", (v.l, p.e.121)

From the testimony of Dashenko Michail Yakovlevich, the resident of Bendery:

"...On June 21, 1992 the armed forces of Moldova started a bombardment of our district. Two mines near my house and garden detonated; glasses of my house were dislodged.

Later I found the remnants of the mine with the Romanian production mark.

.. .On June 23 my sister came to me and told that my son had perished. On June 22 at about 18 p.m. he came out to have a smoke with his friend Kurchatov Nikolay. They were standing on the ground between the fourth and fifth floor. They opened a window leaf.

Shooting was started in the yard, my son looked out of the window and he was shot. It was possible to shoot only from a nine-floor house in Lenin Street, because there were snipers there.

So my son perished." (v.2, p.c.123-124)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Bokanch Ivan Andreevich, the resident of Bendery:

"...The godfather of my child was being beaten in the well. They started knocking the door. They wanted me to open it. They threatened to blow up the door. I opened the door, the godfather of my child was lying on the floor and they went on hitting him with their legs. There were three of them, armed with submachine-guns and grenade throwers... One of them, tall, hit my face with a gun, I lost orientation. I couldn't realize what I was being beaten for. At the same time my neighbours watched me being beaten.

Two men were hitting my face and belly with their arms and legs and guns... .

I was taken to the hospital later...

The armed forces of Moldova were establishing the order in our town in this way.

Peaceful and innocent civilians suffered.

I'm Moldavian, but I can't understand the reasons of such hatred towards the people who don't want to be Romanians, being born Moldavians", (v.2, p.c.95)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:53 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Bugaev Peter Pavlovich, a pensioner, the resident of Bendery:

"...Windows of my house were knocked out,the property was damaged, my son was beaten by nationalists from the village Hadzhimus before the aggression.

At the end of May, 1992 my wife (Ukrainian) went shopping and in broad daylight she was beaten. As she told me later, some people came up to her near the shop and started asking her in the Moldavian language. As she couldn't answer, they began beating her. When some women took her part, the men threatened them.

She was beaten hard and was taken to the hospital, where she died because her head was injured.

The reason of her death: haemorrhage was written in the death certificate.

...In August when I returned home, I saw that my house was completely destroyed, everything was burnt, there was nothing left." (v.2, p.c.96)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:54 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Guk Michail Nikitovich, the resident of Bendery:

"...Before July 13, 1992 my wife and I stayed at home while volunteers and policemen were throwing grenades to our yard from trenches in the neighbourhood. Two grenades exploded on the roof, others - in the yard.

I was wounded with the fragment; my wife's leg was injured because she fell during explosions... We had to go to relatives in Tiraspol.

.. .On July 21 I decided to return home. When I came home, I saw the mess everything was thrown out the wardrobe; all new things were taken away: three carpets, a vacuum cleaner, two cameras, suits, my wife's coat, bed-clothes, footwear, fabric..." (v.2, p.c.102)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:54 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Tarasova Valentine Nikolaevna, the resident of Bendery, moldavian:

"...On June 22 or 23 1992 my husband and I noticed a killed guardsman in Pushkin Street. We got into conversation with the dwellers who told us that policemen didn't allow to bury him. So I decided to talk to them as a woman. But while I was approaching policeman they started shouting and threatened to kill me.

When I asked them for permission to bury the guardsman, they didn't allow it and I had to withdraw.

When we were going shopping or to get a salary, we were under fire of snipers and volunteers. They ignored the fact that women were passing. We couldn't understand their aim...

In the middle of July in the afternoon three volunteers came to our street, shot the doors of a house, entered and took everything away.

Later they offered us to buy a sugar bag for three litres of wine, a carpet for 300 roubles. Everything was stolen in the cannery and flats.

They established "the order" in our town in such a way." (v.2, p.c. 130)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:55 AM
Administrator

From the testimony of Muhina Galina Andreevna, the resident of Bendery:

"My husband, born in 1939, retired in 1991. When we moved to Bendery, he started working as a chief of supply department at the factory "Pribor".

On June 19 we went to the village Novo-Troitskoye Novo-Aneny district, where our relatives lived.

On June 23 early in the morning my husband returned to Bendery, as he couldn't keep aloof the current events in our town, moreover, he didn't know the situation at the factory.

On June 24 I received a telegram informing that everything was all right... On June 27, 1992 I received the last telegram. He informed he had no opportunity of coming to me, because he was on duty at the factory. I had no news from my husband since then. I phoned my neighbour and she told me that she hadn't seen my husband for a week. On June 30 at about 8 a.m. he left home and went to the village to take me away. He told the neighbour about it. Nobody had seen him since then.
Administrator

I was informed that on June 29 he was on duty at the factory, on June 30 he was going to reach the village and take me away.

I had walked the suppositional route of my husband on foot. I even went to Kishinev, visited the ministry of internal affairs of Moldova, where the colonel Kisilev showed me all photos of perished people. There was no photo of my husband among them.

I was at the police department of Kishinev twice; I was shown casualty lists and photos, but I didn't find my husband there.

I visited a chief of the village Farladany, showed him a photo of my husband. He told me that my husband wasn't detained.

Later the committee of search of missed people was organised, as a lot of people were looking for lost relatives. Burials of people were still found in the fields and forests after the war.

According to the information of the Committee 98 residents of Bendery were missing.

...On July 9, 1993 members of the commission, a forensic medicine expert, a photographer, Koshkoval (who was looking for his son), a worker of undertaker's office Nikifor went to Kaushany district, where they exhumed six corpses and take them to the cemetery in Bendery. The description of the corpses was made.

The identification of the corpses were organised at the cemetery on July 12, 1993. When I was read the description of my husband, I didn't recognise him, as he was described as a grey-haired man, but it wasn't so.
Administrator

But when the box was opened, I identified his clothes, footwear, two tooth crowns.

The back of his head was shattered.

The fellows told that the Kaushan policeman Matalika showed the burial. I had talked to him before, but he had denied that he had any news of my husband.

The husband was buried near Suvorov Mountain of the village Farladany. There was a volunteers and policemen department there during the war. When they exhumed him, we saw that there was a spade under him. To all appearances, he had been forced to dig out the grave, and then they killed him. He fell over the spade. That spade was brought to Bendery and was given to the museum.

...The officials of Moldova knew where and when my husband had perished, but they hid it, as they didn't want him to be found soon. To all appearances, he was so brutally tortured and beaten that he turned grey. When he was found he had no dark hair. When I last saw him he had no grey hair.

They hid the burial hoping that there wouldn't be any traces of their evil deeds for a long time.

In this way volunteers and policemen established "a constitutional order" in our town.

How many graves, how many killed are still not found? Their parents, wives don't know where and how their children and husband were buried.

Everybody must know about their crimes." (v.2, p.c.133-135)