PDA

View Full Version : English grammar in use

Dkema Ynvstm
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
We use Present Simple to denote the action that takes place in present once, never or several times; to speak about facts; about actions taking place one after another and action set by a timetable or schedule. The signal words of the tense are "always, every , never, normally, often, seldom, sometimes, usually
if sentences type I (If I talk, )"

Dkema Ynvstm
01-27-2009, 05:01 PM
We use Present Progressive to denote the action that is taking place in the moment of speaking; when action is taking place only for a limited period of time and when the action arranged for the future. The signal words are "at the moment, just, just now, Listen!, Look!, now, right now". We never use in Progressive tense such verbs as "to like, to dislike, to love, to hate, to believe, to know, to understand, to seem, to own, to hear, to see, to matter, to mean..."

Dkema Ynvstm
01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
We use Future Simple to denote the action in the future that cannot be influenced, spontaneous decision, assumption with regard to the future. The signal words are "in a year, next , tomorrow
If-Satz Typ I (If you ask her, she will help you.)
assumption: I think, probably, we might , perhaps".
We use to be going to when the action is denotes the decision made for the future or conclusion with regard to the future.