PDA

View Full Version : Преподавание английского языка... С кем бы вы предпочли заниматься- с носителем ...

Aermny
06-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Преподавание английского языка... С кем бы вы предпочли заниматься- с носителем языка или русскоязычным преподавателем?

В последнее время появилась тенденция изучения английского языка с носителями... Это, конечно, в первую очередь касается Москвы и Питера... но может прийти вскоре и в другие города.

Как вы относитесь к этому, какому бы преподавателю отдали предпочтение и почему?

gainst
06-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Согласна со Светланой.
Живое общение с иностранцами действительно необходимо,но только тогда, когда уже преодолен разговорный барьер и вы ужевладеете базовой грамматикой.

inzu
12-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I 'D LIKE TO HAVE TWO TEACHERS AT THE SAME TIME.THE BEARER OF LANGUAGE WOULD TEACH ME TO SPEAK FLUENTLY
BUT IF I HAD SOME QUESTIONS,MY RUSSIAN-SPEAKING TEACHER WOULD HELP ME.
SO, I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU, SVETA!

Aapbz
04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Natives are the best, but for beginners it's easier to learn the language with the Russian - speaking teachers. It's just my real eхperience.

Aapbz
04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Natives are the best, but for beginners it's easier to learn the language with the Russian - speaking teachers. It's just my real eхperience.

Saru S
05-09-2010, 08:08 AM
If you know *grammar *at * more orless advanced level, go for native speakers)))). You will *learn howto *understand a spoken language (not just *faceless *texts). Although TV and films with subtutles can help a *lot with this,they *don't have the advantahe that * native speakers have. Andthat's *how to improvise in *a conversation, how to *react andrespond quickly. *Native speaking teachers *always *correct youwhen you go wrong, because * they know their language 100%. The onlything you have to do is just *to *memorize * newthings. *As they say practice makes perfect))))

ludmila buzdugan
08-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I totally agree with Svetlana.this is the best way of learning English and do you know why? because we have the best trained,highly skilled teachers,while as for the natives,they just speak day to day language well,their vocabulary is richer,know more expressions...but they lack the skill of teaching the others.A teacher is trained to pass all his/her knowledge to his/her students. I know what I'm saying,I'd *done that for 20 years and I have the experience of working with americans.He couldn't work with beginners and the parents were not happy,but he had very good results in senior classes(7-12).That was also a good experience for us,the English teachers.So,that's why I don't agree with you,IGOR...(reread your message attentively and you'll understand why,u can also use the dictionary...:-)

Dima D
12-10-2010, 08:15 AM
I would go with a Russian speaking tutor, who can explain you in your own language, if you do not get something...In addition to that, some foreigners know English better than some native speakers, in terms of grammar and stuff like that!!!

Andrew
12-14-2010, 01:53 AM
It is funny isn't it, foreigners do seem to know grammar rules better than the native speakers. Not just English though, ask a Russian speaker about smth like "деепричастный оборот", the reaction will be the same. Native speakers don't need rules, the language comes naturally to them. But not necessarily the ability to teach. So a Russian-speaking professional is a better teacher than an English-speaking amateur. Another aspect to keep in mind is that if learning from a native speaker, you would most likely end up having the accent of your teacher (at least partly) and it might be more of a headache than joy. Like if you learn from a Brit with a cockney accent or from a hillbilly American saying "Hw" in "what" "where" etc.

Andrew
12-14-2010, 02:08 AM
I used to know a young bloke who we all thought was a "true blue" Australian until he confessed he was two years away from his native Holland living in the Australian outback (в глубинке) among the country folk. He spoke 100% like a farmer. Hardly what you'd want if you were to apply for a manager job.

Saru S
12-16-2010, 09:45 PM
"He spoke 100% like a farmer. Hardly what you'd want if you were to apply for a manager job."
_____
WHO CARES))))))))))))) if he *can prove his *managing skill in the job interview )))))))))))))))))))))))

Saru S
12-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Besides, some people *don't really need to know grammar *perfectly to *be able to speak correctly!!))))) *They just have this great memory that seems to absord everything!... At the same time, some people who know all the rules speak like foreigners and WILL speake like them for the rest of their lives))) And even this doesn't matter as long as they are undersood *by native speakers and could present themselves (as far as job interviews are concerned)))))))))))))

Saru S
12-16-2010, 09:57 PM
As for the accent))))) ohhhh))))), *it is adopted mostly by those who' been living *in foreign country long enough (more then 10 years) AND *be those who just want to SHOW OF(H)

ikema
10-28-2011, 06:40 PM
я готова общаться со всеми i ready to chat everybady

Andrew
10-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Not so simple. There are managerial jobs that require sound communicative skills, especially those dealing with higher strata of English-speakers (not necessarily rich people, but rather well-educated people) who tend to be more sensitive towards linguistic imperfections. And, like I said before, a lot of good private schools won't employ an English teacher if he or she speaks with an accent.

Andrew
10-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Grammar is important, too, especially in writing. The last sentence of your message is the best illustration to that.

Saru S
10-30-2011, 09:14 AM
What's wrong with the last sentence of my message??? A few misprints here and there, that's all)))) I didn't know we were having a grammar contest here (to fill the managerial position):-P :-D.
A few months ago a collegue of mine was appointed a job of *a medical representative of *one of the biggest *pharmaceutical companies in Europe. Hmmm, his English is no better that mine. But his skills and experience are profound!
But, of cause... it all depends!|-) :-)

Andrew
10-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Of cause?! No, his English has to be better than yours. :-D *As for your question "what's wrong with the last sentence", I didn't mean to be too harsh on you, but three errors in one sentence is a bit too much, don't you think? Actually, there's four there. Can you spot them all?

Saru S
10-31-2011, 10:13 AM
"It is adopted mostly by those who's been living *in *a foreign country long enough (more then 10 years) AND *by those who just want to SHOW OFF"
Misprints, *told YA:-P
"his English is no better thatN mine"
Gee, you are boooooring!!!!!! MISPRINTS!!!!
Actually, I don't really care about my mistakes or misprints here, in this conversation in particular or in OK in general. Why should I? You are not my employer, so I could relaх)))))))))))))
It's not important here. Dialog is more important to me.

Andrew
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't care about your mistakes either, it is just that you shouldn't be talking about something you don't know shit about, that's all.

Saru S
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow :-D *Why are you so angry?(H) What's so wrong with you, that are looking for every opportunity to point at someone's mistakes or misprints?(dt) (ch) Does it make you feel better?
No pleasure talking to you. See ya:-)
P.S. By the way, I agree with you, that ther ARE SOME managerial jobs that require perfect English. I am glad I am not interested in them:-)

Andrew
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
It is all very simple. The majority of the audience here are learners of English who can't yet tell right from wrong, and I see it as a good gesture for those of us who can speak decent English to do just that -- speak decent English. Helping others improve your karma.

Andrew
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM
And yes, those jobs that require "good command of English", sometimes they are worse than capital punishment -- day after day dealing with frustrated customers.(md)

Aeropznnpmzha
11-01-2011, 03:25 AM
(Y)

Aeropznnpmzha
11-01-2011, 03:32 AM
((((((The majority of the audience here are learners of English who can't yet tell right from wrong, and I see it as a good gesture for those of us who can speak decent English to do just that -- speak decent English.((((( * * * * (Y)

Saru S
11-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Оh, please, give me a break(H) *I didn't think about that:-$ :-D
I write quick, I do not always check for errors.
When I write in Russian (in other groups), my messages are full of misprints. And it's not because I don't know Russian. It's just most of the time I don't bother or don't have time *to re-read my text.
But than again - I am NOT a native speaker and I don't want to pretend that my English is perfect. It's not. *So excuse me this little weakness(H)

Saru S
11-01-2011, 05:25 AM
But OK, I will take more care when writing here. Although *I cannot guarantee perfect English)))))))

Aeropznnpmzha
11-01-2011, 06:11 AM
<span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">Thanks,
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">but<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">I<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">think the<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">name of the group<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">commits<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">to something<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> <span class="hps" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">..-(ch) (lo)

Aeropznnpmzha
11-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry.it is translit Google ....*-)

Aeropznnpmzha
11-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks.but I think the name of the group commits to something...?(ch) (lo)

Aeropznnpmzha
11-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Oh! I am not right! *My post was right *for group "Учим английский"....:-(