PDA

View Full Version : Non- verbal means of communications. How often do use gestures, face expressions ...

bonifacii
12-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Non- verbal means of communications. How often do use gestures, face expressions to transfer a certain information?

I think, where there is a comlplete understanding, words are unnecessary , or at least , of a little use. *But the question is how to achieve it? *For me, I *often use face expressions when I can't find words to say.

Yaopzn
05-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I think that non-verbal communication is #1 and verbal communication is #2. It is very important, to find out what the gestures or facial expressions mean, before you start talking with someone. Although you have to be very careful, because sometimes your predictions can be wrong!

Marrya
05-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Some gestures have their own meaning, they should be learnt as in different countries meanings can vary. They substitute words. Very often gestures as well as facial expression only add some emotional colouring to one's speech. At times gestures reveal real feelings and attitudes towards something. So be careful no matter what language you speak ;-) .

Irinka
05-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Olga, you are right: another culture - another gestures - another meanings!
Also within Europe there are so many different "gesture languages"!
And as to words: they can be so false. I watch in the eyes and judge by handling...