PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite book or story? Describe the plot shortly...

Bemdessa
04-19-2009, 03:24 AM
One of my favourite books is "Joung, blonde, dead" written by Andreas Franz. It is about a serial killer who kills women only, blonde women. His hate towards these women relies on his mother?s brutal and barbaric treatment to him when he was a little boy. His mother was blonde and she abuses him regularly.
But finally the police had been successful in catching him...

Extra
04-20-2009, 10:37 AM
One of my very favorite books is "The Thorn Birds" by Colleen McCullough. It had a big impact on me when I read it at the age of thirteen, but I had no idea that years later it would take on a more personal meaning.
It's about a girl's life story in Australia from the age of four to late adulthood. It's a chronicle of three generations of her family and their struggles. The main plot line, though, is her lifelong forbidden love for an older priest and how it affects her whole life.

imgek
04-23-2009, 04:32 AM
The truth is that I am not a big bibliophile. Nevertheless...
I think the most powerful thing I have ever read is "The master and Margarita" by M. Bulgakov.
It's very difficult to describe the plot of the novell in a few lines. I'll try to...
There are two parallel parts of the plot. The first one is atheistic Soviet Moscow of the 1930s visited by the Satan (Woland)and his weird retinue. The second part is Jerusalem in Pontius Pilat's time, described by Woland to Berlioz and Bezdomny...